home Facebook My Shop Current Challenge Videos Current Winners Ask Jo

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Go Team Volleyball!

Hi there my friends! Today is Thursday and that means it's challenge time again with Just A Scrappin'. This week design team 1's challenge is "Volleyball". Make a card, layout or project about volleyball using the colors maroon, gold and white and add brads..soooo here is my card for this challenge:
 
My card is a standard A2 size card. My card base paper is by Colorbok, my black layer, gold layer and white layer are Bazzill. On my first gold layer I embossed it using my "tiny bubbles" embossing folder and ran it through my cuttlebug. I cheated today because I did not have anything "volleyball" related so my main image was printed off the computer and colored in using my prisma colored pencils and gamsol. Of course I had to make this cute little girl's volleyball uniform maroon and gold! Too cute I know! LOL I cut the image out using my Spellbinder's Fleur-de-lis rectangle dies.

The sentiment "Go Team" was a stamp that I had in my stash that I believe I picked up at Michael's. I stamped in momento tuxedo black ink and cut it out using an old CM star punch and matted it with the same colored paper stars as my layers. Can you believe I actually used my CM punch? I have not used my older punches in probably a couple years now! I'm starting to use up old stashed items and old tools that I have not used in forever. Speaking of old stash, I used some mesh-like paper that I had for awhile now as another layer right behind my image because it kind of looked like a volleyball net. I really like the look of it. To finish off my card I used some fibers from EK Success and some black ribbon that I had purchased from Really Reasonable Ribbon and added two brads from American Crafts. I hope you like my card today! Here is a little peek at the inside of the card:
 
Now that you know what the challenge is, why don't you go through your stash of old papers, grab a tool that you have not used in forever and play along with us at Just A Scrappin'! I can't wait to see what you create! Thanks for stopping by today!
 
Hugs,

6 comments:

  1. That stamp is so cute! Now I NEED TO GO TO MICHAELS lol....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really adorable-I love the textures you've added, and the VB player is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! She is ready to tackle the volleyball court and do it with style!

    Love the bling on the eyes. Bling is never bad :)

    TFS,
    Bridget
    CrazyCatLadyCraft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job on this week's challenge. Love the stamp that you chose to showcase for this one. Just perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments always put a smile on my face! I love reading each and every one! Thank you for stopping by~
Hugs,
~Jo~