home Facebook My Shop Current Challenge Videos Current Winners Ask Jo

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Talk Time Tuesday with Ask Jo~


Click Here for FCC#27 "Thankful"


Hello my friends!
Talk Time Tuesday is back!!!
So many of you wrote in asking questions and wishing for this segment to come back. Nice surprise huh? LOL Okay so before I get to the Q & A's, I just wanted to say a little something.
thank you!!!!
I am totally blessed, more so then I believe I should be. You have all been so good to me and since my launch of my new company 3 Twenty Crafts and my new stamp line, I have had encouraging, supportive, loving and kind comments from so many of you. And let's not forget all your generosity with all the orders I have been filling these past few days. WOW! That is all I can say to that. I did NOT expect the stamps to go flying out the door the way they have. Winter Wonderland seems to be a favorite as I only have 3 left in stock!! I honestly am very thankful. I dived into this new journey not knowing what would happen and not expecting much. These past few days have been a whirlwind of a dream! So again, thank you to all of you who have placed orders with me and to all who will place orders in the future. I appreciate each of you and I value your friendships more than anything else. So as a heads up, my stamp stock is getting very low; so if there is any stamp set that you really want but have been delaying, go grab them now! They will not last and it will take some time before I get them back in stock. And do not forget about the grand opening sale, you can save 15% off your order of $35. That sale ends on December 6th.

Okay so now let's get to our Q & A's!

Our first question comes from Olivia who asks, "Hi Jo! Can you give me any suggestions or ideas for snack foods for a crafting party? I just decided to host my own monthly party for crafting. The girls will meet up at my house once a month for a night of fun and crafts. I want to make sure I have some snacks out in case they get a tad bit hungry while crafting. What would you suggest? Right now all I can think of is cheese and crackers"

Hello Olivia~
Oh I wish I could come craft with you and your friends! I need a girls night out LOL. Okay so you originally sent this to me in October so I am not sure if you have already had your monthly party for this month yet but I can give you a few ideas. I always like to have 3 types of foods available. An appetizer, dessert & fruit. Here are a few ideas for each that I have tried and make from time to time (I've taken these from my personal recipe links):
Appetizers
1. Spinach Dip Bread Bowl
2. Taco Balls
3. Chicken Salad Stuffed Tomatoes (I make this without the horseradish)
Desserts
1. Cinnamon Cookie Crunch Popcorn Mix
2. Chocolate Pecan Pie Bites
3. Graham Cracker Almond Candy
Fruit
1. Gingersnap Banana Frozen Yogurt
2. Apple Cinnamon Fruit Bars
3. Cold Fruit Salad
So there ya go Olivia! I also usually have out a tray with a few cheeses cut up in bite sized cubes with some pepperoni rounds and sometimes I will have out a nice candy dish with M&M's or skittles. =) I hope this helps you for your next monthly get together! Thanks so much for writing in and I hope to hear from you again soon!

Our second question today comes from Lisa who asks, "What are your favorite paper companies?"
 
Hey Lisa~
 Gosh I love so many of them!! This is a very hard question LOL
I will say that my favorite paper companies in no specific order are Bazzill, Core'dinations, Cutmates, SEI, Echo Park, Simple Stories, My Mind's Eye, Pion Paper, Graphic 45, Fancypants, and Bo Bunny.
 I am sure there are plenty more as I am a paper HO! I hoard it seriously! But I will say this, my top 5 favorite paper companies that I absolutely love and adore are Pion, Graphic45, Fancypants, Simple Stories & Bazzill. Write me back and let me know which paper companies are your favorites. I'd love to hear from ya again! Thank you so much for writing in Lisa!
 
Thanks for the great questions today Olivia and Lisa!
 Well my friends that is all I have for today. I hope you have a great day!
Thanks for stopping by and until next time.... Enjoy life's blessings~
 


2 comments:

  1. What great questions, I will be checking out those recipes Jo and I will also be checking out some of those paper companies as my town doesn't carry all those papers. I have been hearing all about cut-mates and really want to try that paper. Graphic 45 is never anywhere to be found around here. lol Nor Bo Bunny, so I will be checking these out. Thanks for bringing back the Q & A!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cutmate is an unfamiliar brand to me - but I love G45, especially if I can find 6x6 packs. And Authentique in 6x6 too. Cosmo Cricket is a nice paper along with the good quality weight Bazzill. For copic coloring my fav to use is Copic Xpress.. I find it blends for me much better than Neenah. I buy my copic paper in the largest size carried by Oozak as I can't find packs that large locally. It's expensive if you buy just a few sheets at a store. It's much less expensive to buy in bulk.

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments always put a smile on my face! I love reading each and every one! Thank you for stopping by~
Hugs,
~Jo~